As part of our work to amplify the important work in the Wellbeing Economy movement, these WEAll Weekly Update blogs will share some of the latest and greatest updates from our membership and beyond. Please use the comment box to share any relevant updates from this week and keep the conversation going!
A Global MetaUniversity to Lead by Design to a Sustainable Well-Being Future – Robert Costanza, Ida Kubiszewski Tom Kompas & Paul C. Sutton
Building a global collaborative consortium of universities and other educational institutions can move this agenda forward. We describe how this “MetaUniversity” could be structured and how it would serve to advance this agenda and lead the way to a sustainable well-being future for humanity and the rest of nature.
The importance of resource security for poverty eradication – Mathis Wackernagel, Laurel Hanscom, Priyangi Jayasinghe, David Lin, Adeline Murthy, Evan Neill & Peter Raven
We examine the implications for poverty eradication when overshoot (living off the depletion of biological capital) is no longer an option. In that era, humanity’s physical metabolism must stem entirely from Earth’s biological regeneration
Community Building for Systems Change – Finance Innovation Lab
This paper explores the role of community in building in systems change, the potential for community building to contribute to creating system-level impact, and how we can build communities that have high potential for achieving systemic change.
A Just(ice) transition is a post-extractive transition – War on Want
This failure to take inequality and injustice seriously can be seen in even the most ambitious models of climate mitigation.
Our Homes, Our Communities: How Housing Acquisition Strategies Can Create Affordable Housing, Stabilize Neighborhoods, and Prevent Displacement
This report details strategies that cities can lead to creating equitable housing outcomes for residents by moving privately owned rental housing into tenant or nonprofit ownership to avoid speculation, promote community control, and create permanently affordable housing.
Towards a wellbeing economy that serves people and nature – European Environmental Bureau
This report, “provides a blueprint for the transition to a wellbeing economy which is built on three main pillars which can be referred to as the three Ds: the dismantling of exploitative structures, democratising economic governance and degrowing the economy.”
“There are many reasons that people choose to develop networks as an approach to achieving a goal. We were interested in building our understanding of the evidence on the effectiveness of networks as a vehicle for policy and practice change.”
A counterintuitive response to the environmental crisis – Systems Innovation Paris Hub
“To successfully change a system, we first need to understand its functioning. And to understand a system’s functioning we need to be able to observe its structure”
“Katherine Trebeck, Senior Strategic Advisor for the Wellbeing Economy Alliance argues the case for radical, lasting change.”
Job Openings & Opportunities
- Recruiting now: WEAll COP26 Music Event Producer
- Breadwinners – Various Positions
- Operations & Events Manager – Positive Money
- Secrets to Building a B Corp Consulting Practice – LIFT Economy
- Share your Climate Stories – 350.org
- SOAS Feminist Economist Network Writing Opportunity
- Cities and Regions Lead – DEAL
- The U&K International Summer School 2021
What to Watch
- Building Budgets for Children’s wellbeing and rights – Katherine Trebeck & Michael Weatherhead
- Covid 19 from an Intersectional Gendered Perspective – Looking Beyond the Obvious – with Liepollo Pheko
- Seeding Change (Cambio de siembra) I Economía positiva with Ana Gómez
- The Economy of Wellbeing: A Holistic Approach to Achieve the Agenda 2030 Goals – with Amanda Janoo
- Powerful Communities: Wealth & Wellbeing conference – with Katherine Trebeck
- A Feminist Lens on Migration & Trade: Women Reframe the Policy Debate in a COVID World.
- How Do We Design Policies for a Wellbeing Economy? – World Happiness Fest
- WEAllTalk March 2021 – Amanda Janoo – Fostering a femxle-led transformation of economic thinking.
- Global Challenge – Local Leadership To Achieve Collective Action on Climate Change-Seminar with Amanda Janoo, Ayo Fatunde and Dirk Phillipsen
- Girls’ education is key to climate change solutions
- The Useful and Kind Podcasts
- Extreme Listening with Deeyah Khan | A Bit of Optimism (Podcast): Episode 11.
- Eat the Rich– Invisibilia
- June 2: Video Screening & Q&A: ‘Ecological Economics’
- May 15: Systems Change Alliance Summit- Beyond the Great Reset
- May 18: Less is More: Rethinking Consumption for a Wellbeing Economy – Network of Wellbeing
- May 18: WEAll Spokesperson Training for Policy Design Guidebook
- May 19-20: Tech & Racial Equity Conference: Anti-Racist Technologies for a Just Future
- May 17- 21: #ClimateExp0 Conference
- May 19 & 20: Impact Summit – FutureX
- May 21-23: Earth Action Hub Event
- May 26 & 27: European Social Economy Summit
- June 2-4: Conference – Women, Solidarity, and Ecology
- June 5-27: Ancient Wisdom Training
- June 20 : World Localization Day – Local Futures
- June 23-25: Ouishare Fest
- Systems Innovation Event Series
- Next Economy MBA “Meet the Instructors” – LIFT Economy
- Regeneration Pollination “Speed Networking” Events – the Global Regeneration CoLab
- The WEAll global Amp team has transitioned to four-day week: here’s why
- Recruiting now: WEAll COP26 Music Event Producer
- WEAll, the 2021 UK Budget, and the Aoteraroa New Zealand WEAll hub
- Homo Economicus – Upstream Podcast
- Fashion Revolution Week – A series of thoughts on fast fashion
- WEAll California Narratives Event Recap
- I was born on a waxing moon – a poem by Sarah Gamrani
- WEAll Medium Publication
- Children’s Wellbeing Budget by Dr. Katherine Trebeck
- WEAll Policy Design Guidebook
- Stories For Life
- Wellbeing Economy Messaging Guide– Positive Money, PIRC, NEON, and WEAll
- Measuring Wellbeing, Rutger Hoekstra
- Business in the Wellbeing Economy, Olga Koretskaya & Gus Grosenbaugh
From the Archives
- 10 Principles to Build Back Better
- Rebuilding to a US Wellbeing Economy
- What is a Wellbeing Economy?
- The Business of Wellbeing Guide
Let us know what
you would like
to write about!