https://weall.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/F525680F-E1CA-4ADA-8488-37A5DCBE95A2-e1576159285792.jpeg 2048 1536 WEAll https://wellbeingeconomy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/WEAll-logo-300x119.png WEAll2019-12-12 14:17:532020-10-02 16:20:36Green-powered parks: Scotland leads the way
- Saughton Park, City of Edinburgh Council, is the UK’s first green-powered or low-carbon park.
- The park utilises the green energy Ground Source Heat Pump, powered by a micro-hydro system located on the Water of Leith.
- This energy powers recreational and visitor facilities
- The park renovation is part of the City of Edinburgh Council’s Sustainable Energy Action Plan projects, which number 120 overall.
- This is in support of the Scottish Government’s energy strategy to decentralise and decarbonise Scottish energy systems.
- The Saughton Park energy schemes have 6 different funding channels, including the Heritage Fund, Sustrans, Scottish Energy Efficiency Programme, Salix Finance and Scottish Power’s Green Economy Fund.
You can read more about the initiative in Green Spaces Scotland’s own case study here.